Ginna Brand (1929- )
With degrees in art education from Kent State University and in painting from The Cleveland Institute of Art, Brand has exhibited frequently in the May Show at the Cleveland Museum of Art, and at the Butler Institute of American Art in Youngstown, with one-person shows at Kent State, Ohio State, and The New Gallery (now MOCA) in Cleveland. Her initial studio work evolved from painting into the creation of small sculptures for which she employed a glue gun and discarded plywood, and then to large abstract sculptures, many using painted driftwood and other “found” materials to create works that may be installed on the wall. Her work in the Putnam Collection, Elemental #14 was an award winning sculpture in the 1993 Cleveland May Show.
Work in the collection:
29 Elemental #14 (Elemental Energy), 1993
Olin Building Lobby, [1996.3]